How Safe Is Your Home? With CORGI HomePlan.

Last year we had a real fright, I could smell gas in our home...

It was about 7 o clock on a Winter's Friday night, a scary wait for the gas man to get to us not able to do anything, not even switch a light switch just incase. Dean was quite blase about it all...I, well I was shi**ing it! Scared that anything could set our home alight in a gas explosion. 

It turned out to be our gas oven, the pipe had a small hole in it as was leaking gas into our home. The home where my children should be safe. Still to this day I panic about what could have happened that night. 

What if it hadn't have been a Friday? I know that may make no sense to you all...but Friday night is takeaway night. What if I had cooked that night? What could have happened when I switched the oven on? It all scares me so much.

And so when I got the opportunity to tell you all about the CORGI Home Plan I jumped at the chance. I mean is it worth the risk? I think not especially when i read that in the last three years, an estimated one in six homes inspected by the Gas Safe Register was found to have an unsafe gas appliance and one in eleven has an unsafe boiler.

And then to read that every year in the UK, more than 200 people go to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, and around 40 people die. Small children and the elderly are most at risk. 

And that is why CORGI Home Plan is campaigning for every home to get a carbon monoxide detector. Especially now that winter is under way, it is a critical time for boilers, most people will have had the heating switched off for the summer and will fire it up with their fingers crossed hoping it comes on so that their family will be toasty warm. But without a detector that little detector they will have no idea that carbon monoxide may be seeping from their boiler. This colourless, odourless gas is a silent killer.

CORGI have also set up a website full of useful information to make sure families are aware of the dangers their gas appliances may hold.

And did you know there's a little gadget that could help safe your lives? An alarm that could cost as little as £15.


This one little gadget could save your, and your children's lifes. So what are you waiting for? Go...go buy one!

Disclaimer: In association with CORGI 

No comments:

Post a comment

Leave me a comment, I try to reply to everyone!